- a ‘special work’ of the Society of Saint Vincent de Paul. It is one of fraternal union and sharing
- a sharing of our prayers, our personal contacts, and our resources with conferences and councils nationally and internationally, that have less resources to conduct their work
- members wanting to pursue their Vincentian vocation to reach out to the poor, wherever they are.
Financial and Material Assistance
Financial assistance at regular intervals is the usual method of helping a twinned conference or council. There are specific National Council of Canada Guidelines for financial transfer of funds. Material assistance such as clothing, tools and equipment can be sent, keeping in mind appropriate government regulations for secure and lawful movement of such items.
A regular exchange of correspondence between twins will strengthen the bonds of understanding and friendship. Mutual communication can be about respective experiences, local area activities, interests, membership and personal matters. These correspondences can include photographs to share as well. It is essential that replies are received to correspondence on a regular basis, or at least once a year
There are National Policies and Guidelines available to assist twinning conferences and councils with their twinning program. Vincentians would be violating their duty of accountability owed to donors to the Society if they were to ‘twin’ with a person, group or organization outside the Society of Saint Vincent de Paul. The Rule* states that all monies collected in the name of the Society of Saint Vincent de Paul must be used for the work of the Society of Saint Vincent de Paul.
For more information:
- view/print our Twinning pamphlet: Pamphlet (Updated: 2018-04)
- or contact our Twinning Representative at firstname.lastname@example.org or the twinning administrative assistant at email@example.com.
- https://www.ssvp.ca/newsletter/twinning To subscribe to the twinning newsletter, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Twinning Transmittal Form:
- Twinning Transmittal Form - New Online Form (Updated 2020-03)
- Twinning Manual (Updated 2018-04)
- Twinning Application (9.15) (Updated: 2017-09)
- International Twinning Project Application (English)
- Solicitud de proyecto de hermanamiento internacional (espagnol)
Twinning Annual Report Form:
- Twinning Annual Report (Updated: 2020-01-23) - Form must be downloaded and saved on your computer before data is entered.