Our 14,000 volunteers from across the country are people from all walks of life who are helping to change the lives of people in need.
Whether you have a few hours to spare or would like to make a more long-term commitment, there are lots of ways you can get involved and help change someone’s life. The Society is always seeking volunteers to maintain a variety of services and programs.
- Donating gently used clothing, household goods or appliances
- Donating time at local SSVP stores
- Visiting people at home, in hospitals and in prisons.
- Donating your time and expertise to repair donated goods
- Help your local food bank with gifts of food, time and energy
- Providing practical support and information to people who contact us.
- Volunteering at one of our large network of charity shops
- Donate money to support projects
- Donate time to assist with special events sur as Christmas hampers
For more information on the programs held in your area or you would like to volunteer for the SSVP, please contact the SSVP near you or contact the National Council Office.
You can find information about a Society of Saint Vincent de Paul near you by visiting the link below.