World Day of the Poor - Tools for Members
November 17 is fast approaching! What is happening on November the 17th? It is the World Day of the Poor, an invitation by Pope Francis in his apostolic letter Mercy and Peace (Misericordia et misera).
The Society of Saint Vincent de Paul is in a perfect position to promote the World Day of the Poor. That special day is also a great opportunity for the Society to:
- increase the visibility of SSVP activities,
- make known the mission of the SSVP,
- foster closer ties between Vincentians and parishioners during Eucharistic celebrations, to live the message of the Gospel together by serving Christ through the poor with love, respect, justice and joy,
- recruit new members and
- conduct campaigns to raise fund or collect non-perishable food items in support of Vincentian work.
You will find on this page the tools that you may use as is, or adapt according to your conference, store or outlet needs.
1. World Day of the Poor Campaign Guide for members: World Day of the Poor Guide
Available in this guide:
- Campaign blueprints, for a conference or store/outlet;
- Text for a parish speech;
- Text for a parish bulletin.
2. World Day of the Poor posters and prayer cards - Click here to order online
The files are in PDF format, you can print at home and add your contact information, or order online here.
3. Presentation about the campaign: