World Day of the Poor - Tools for Members
The Fourth World Day of the Poor will be observed on 15 November 2020. This year’s theme “Stretch forth your hand to the poor” is a summons to responsibility and commitment as men and women who are part of our one human family, as we can read in Pope Francis’ text: http://www.vatican.va/content/francesco/en/messages/poveri/documents/papa-francesco_20200613_messaggio-iv-giornatamondiale-poveri-2020.html
The Society of Saint Vincent de Paul is in a perfect position to promote the World Day of the Poor. That special day is also a great opportunity for the Society to:
- increase the visibility of SSVP work and activities;
- make known the mission of the SSVP;
- foster closer ties between Vincentians and parishioners during Eucharistic celebrations, to live the message of the Gospel together by serving Christ through the poor with love, respect, justice and joy;
- recruit new members;
- conduct campaigns to raise funds or collect non-perishable food items in support of Vincentian work.
You will find on this page the tools that you may use as is, or adapt according to your conference, store or outlet needs.
1. World Day of the Poor Campaign Guide for members: World Day of the Poor Guide
Available in this guide:
- Campaign blueprints, for a conference or store/outlet;
- Text for a parish speech;
- Text for a parish bulletin;
- Prayer card;
- Press Release.
2. World Day of the Poor posters and prayer cards - Click here to order posters and prayer cards online
The files are in PDF format, you can print at home and add your contact information, or order online here.
3. Presentation about the campaign: